ClimateCraft air handling units with FanMatrix™ arrays can optimize efficiency, performance and reliability through the use of the MatrixMonitor system. MatrixMonitor is cost-effective fan array airflow measurement and fan monitoring package that continually checks equipment operation, and improves reliability and serviceability, typically resulting in considerable cost savings over the air handling unit’s operating life.
The MatrixMonitor panel can function as a stand-alone monitoring system or it can be integrated with a building automation system.
MatrixMonitor Package Benefits
• Accurate airflow measurement of individual fans and the total fan array
• Capability to monitor up to 2 fan arrays per AHU, i.e. supply and return fans
• Automatically adjusts for air density changes for better accuracy
• Monitors fan array pressure rise and air temperature to assist with faster troubleshooting of performance issues
• Fan surge detection/reporting to protect the equipment from operating in the surge region, extending the motor life
• Fan vibration monitoring (with operator determined vibration limits) can help predict or prevent untimely motor failures
Note: ClimateCraft’s fan array products allow for fans to be turned off for safety, repair, and maintenance purposes. ClimateCraft’s fan array products are not designed to turn individual fans on and off for the purpose of improving fan array efficiency, and ClimateCraft does not endorse turning individual fans on and off for the purpose of improving fan array efficiency. Any statement to the contrary is not supported by ClimateCraft.